Art Courses for Children at Cowshed Studios
Courses for children during the summer holidays
Sunflowers growing in the garden or the chickens in their run will be used as starting points for mixed media work. The children will be encouraged to record what they see by means of drawing and then interpreting these into lively large paintings that may also have an element of collage. All children will be encouraged to experiment and develop their ideas in an individual way.
- Wednesday 4th April 2 – 5 pm
- Wednesday 11th April 2 – 5 pm
- Tuesday 31st July 2 – 5 pm
- Thursday 2nd August 2 – 5 pm
- Tuesday 7th August 2 – 5 pm
- Thursday 9th August 2 – 5 pm
- Tuesday 14th August 2 – 5 pm
- Thursday 16th August 2 – 5 pm
- Tuesday 21st August 2 – 5 pm
- Thursday 23rd August 2 – 5 pm
- Tuesday 28th August 2 – 5 pm
- Thursday 30th August 2 – 5 pm
Each session costs £25 per child. Materials, sketchbooks and refreshments provided.
Most suitable for children between the ages of 8-16 years old. Activities could be provided for groups of up to eight children by negotiation on other dates. Please enquire.
Some comments made by children that David and Vivienne have taught:
- kind, patient guidance
- they have a wealth of experience and knowledge in how to develop ideas
- it is a safe but stimulating environment in which to learn
- they encourage me to see things differently and notice things I haven't seen before
- I didn't think I had it in me to produce such good art
- excellent teachers who have helped me to develop myself